Road conditions can be as important to cyclists as the weather or traffic conditions. To report an unsafe road issue, please try any or all of the following depending on where the road is:
- Phone: Call the NCDOT Customer Service Office from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at 1-877-DOT-4YOU to make a report.
- Web: http://www.ncdot.gov/contact/
- State law says that potholes on state-maintained roads must be fixed within two business days of reporting.
- If an issue is reported to NCDOT and it turns out to be on a locally-maintained road, NCDOT will forward the report to the municipality responsible.
Public Works Department – Streets Division
Traffic Engineering – Streetlights, Signage, and Safety
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 919-969-4999 (after hours: 919-968-2760)
- Web: http://www.townofchapelhill.org/town-hall/departments-services/public-works/traffic-engineering
Public Works – Streets and Sidewalks
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 919-969-5100 (after hours: 919-968-2760)
- Web: http://www.townofchapelhill.org/town-hall/departments-services/public-works/streets-and-construction/street-maintenance