- Fill out our online BFB application, which can be accessed here: https://unc.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_80QDCDB3U48bN7S
The deadline for the next round of BFB is 30 April 2017.
- The CBC will review applications and visit applying businesses to further assess their bike-friendliness.
- The CBC will notify applying businesses of their BFB status in Spring 2017. We will announce BFB awardees during the Carrboro Open Streets event.
- Within two weeks of notification, the CBC will provide a tailored action plan, including a list of cost-effective solutions; a bike-related business profile on our website; and a “Bike Friendly Business” window decal.
Need bike parking? Recommended bike rack vendors:
- Peak Racks – peakracks.com
- Leo Gaev Metalworks – leogaevmetalworks.com
- Creative Pipe – www.creativepipe.com
- Creative Metalworks, LLC – www.creativemetalworksllc.com
- Dero – www.dero.com
- Graber – www.graber.com
- Saris – www.saris.com
- Victor Stanley – www.victorstanley.com
- Check out general bike parking guidelines from the Association of Pedestrian and Bicycle Professionals.
- See recommended bike rack designs.
Want to incentivize bike commuting?
- Implement the commuter tax benefit.
- Thank people for cycling to your business using signs (“Thank you for biking to ___!”).
- Start a Bike Saturdays program where patrons who arrive on bike are offered a discount on Saturdays or another day of the week.
Want to make it easier to bike to your establishment?
- Put bicycling and bus directions to your workplace on your website.
- Install a workplace bike repair station.